Joining social media is a must for any business today but measuring the value of social media has been a challenge for all marketers. And it’s hard to understand exactly what is happening in an environment where activity occurs both on and off the website. At same time, it's not always easy to determine which social channels actually drive value for your business and which tactics are most effective.
And now Google release new set of Social reports within Google Analytics. The new reports link the gap between social media and the business metrics you care about - allowing you to better determine the full value of the social channel for your business.
See 3 things to help you out:
- Identify the full value of traffic coming from social sites and measure how they lead to direct conversions or assist in future conversions
- Understand social activities happening both on and off of your site to help you optimize user engagement and increase social key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Make better, more efficient data-driven decisions in your social media marketing programs
Other useful links to read:
- Capturing The Value Of Social Media Using Google Analytics
- How to track Social Media within Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Update Connects Social Marketing With The Bottom Line
- How to Track Traffic From Pinterest in Google Analytics
- Using Google Analytics To Track Social Media Campaigns
- Track Social Media Marketing with Google Analytics